Wednesday, March 25, 2020

WELCOME MODERATOR


LUCAS KEECH 1636
CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL 64680


I worked with THOMAS MACLEOD 9134 and ALFRED BEILL 6008 

Our brief was to make the titles and effects of a fictional thriller trailer. The title of our film is EXTINCTION

Our film is immediately below and my preliminary exercise is in the pages section above. 



TRAILER


TEASER TRAILER



All my RESEARCH and PLANNING follow below on the main blog roll, in reverse order, starting with the latest first. To present my research and planning, I have used a wide variety of platforms and tools. These include; Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Photoshop, Piktochart, Movie Maker, Slideshare and iMovie. 



DIRECTING
When it came to the directing, we split up the role on what we would do regarding our skill set for that specific situation. For example, I had a heavy influence on the directing of the trailer when it came to my part of the acting. When I was acting out my parts of the trailer, I told people which camera angle I wanted the camera to be at, how I wanted to act out the scene and my facial expressions etc. I found this to be more efficient and effective when filming our trailer. 

I really enjoyed directing the scene where I (Larry in the trailer) am in the bomb shelter asking my fellow survivors 'where everyone is'. The was a slight hiccup during filming this scene where the sun was obstructing the shot. I took initiative to change the location of the tripod slightly, and in turn, we ended up getting a well-focused shot. 


EDITING
For the editing section we also used a combination of skills sets to complete this. When it came to my part in the editing section, I was involved in the sound effects and visuals of our trailer. For example, I was involved in the shortening and lengthening of clips to make sure that our production flowed well throughout. I also added some special effects to the inter-titles to make it look dystopian and desolate. 


CAMERAWORK
 For the majority of the shots I was in front of the camera as I played the main role in the film, however I also got behind the camera as I took some of the establishing shots for our production, as well as the shots of my fellow survivors, using a wide range of techniques I had learned over my the course like a pan shot. I also created our films Instagram to post some of our amazing shots, and also because I realised social media is key to a successful promo pack

1 comment:

  1. Place this post at the top of your blog immediately above the two trailers.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME MODERATOR

LUCAS KEECH 1636 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL 64680 I worked with THOMAS MACLEOD 9134 and ALFRED BEILL 6008  Our brief was to mak...